If you come across Quick-Books error 404, it is basically due to incomplete or corrupt installation. To fix the same, go through the steps shared below.
• Check the internet connection
• Repair windows registry associated with error 404
• Perform a complete malware scan
• Clean all the junk files
• Undo all the recent changes by using system restore
• Update the device drivers
• Run windows system file checker
• Install all the latest windows updates
• Perform a clean installation of Windows
In case these steps don’t fix the error 404, you can get in touch with QuickBooks customer service and speak to experts regarding your problem. They are available 24 hours a day to fix any glitches you have been encountering.